Established by a resolution of African Health ministers in 2012, the African Constituencies Bureau for the Global Fund (ACB) was set up to be a platform for facilitating engagement, participation and consensus building among East and Southern Africa (ESA) and West and Central Africa (WCA) constituent countries in Global Fund policies and governance engagements. Also known as “The Bureau”, the organization is an operational hub and policy think tank of the WCA and ESA Global Fund constituencies and begun its formal operations in March 2017. The purpose of the Bureau is to ensure effective engagement, representation and participation of the Africa constituencies in Global Fund processes as well as enhancing the capacity of the Africa constituencies to shape Global Fund policies and processes.
As the Global Fund engages various stakeholders towards development of its post-2022 strategy – the last full strategy before we reach the momentous 2030 goals – nowhere is this strategy more important than the continent most burdened by HIV, Tuberculosis and malaria – Africa. With over 90%, 70% and 25% burden, respectively, of malaria, HIV and TB burden and as a result receiving about 70% of all Global Fund resources, Africa is the continent where the Global Fund’s mission would definitely have to be achieved.
It’s therefore critical to ensure that the Global Fund’s next strategy is informed by and reflects the continent’s thinking with respect to priorities strategic to Africa. This is in keeping with ownership, one of the Global Fund’s values. To achieve this end, the continent must therefore effectively engage with a variety of its stakeholders all of whom must inform the continent’s submissions.
To respond to this call, the Bureau, as an organ that provides African countries with technical support, convened a number of virtual meetings with the Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCMs), the Global Fund board and constituency members representing sub-Saharan African governments, academia, Civil Society, technical partners, etc. to discuss, among others, key achievements to date, remaining gaps and challenges and recommendations for the next 10 years if Africa is to end the epidemics in 2030.
The key focus of the Global Fund’s governance bodies in 2021 is the development of the next Global Fund strategy. As the African Constituencies have met to define and raise their voice, the ACB needs to make them heard across many players. Therefore, we will be launching an advocacy and communication campaign and we need aresonating logo and a correspondingpowerful visual identity to enhance our voice and support the campaign.
To this end, the ACB is launching an online competition to find a winning logo and visualfor the advocacy purpose whose slogan is African Voice for Global Fund (#AfricanVoice4GF). The artworks should exemplify the importance of the African voice in the next Global Fund strategy, towards ending the three epidemics of HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria.
The Associate Graphic Designer will report to the policy and advocacy advisor at the ACB.
• The Associate Graphic Designer is expected to have a Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts, graphics design or related areas
• Over two years of work experience designing various print materials, developing illustrations and taking high quality photographs.
• Minimum two years’ experience working with NGOs and international organizations is an added advantage.
• The designer must be highly proficient in the use of graphics applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Experience on working on health issues will be an added value
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Proven graphic designing experience
• A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
• Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressureand on a short notice and deliver materials as requested in case or urgent works
• Be able to give advice and suggestions
• Ability to act as a team member but also independently.
The winner of the logo competition will be offered a 6-months Associate Graphic Designer role at ACB, and will perform the following responsibilities:
• Providing the best original and unanimous logo and visual creative for the African Voice for Global Fund Campaign
• Developing additional campaign materials such as Posters, Brochures, E-flyers, short videos, factsheet, etc.
• Assisting the Communications and Advocacy team with designed materials.
• Ensure that all products are produced in line with ACB’s and its donors’ requirements/polices
• Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and Design and layout of reports and other products
• Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
• Layout and design information and communication materials (t-shirts, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, bulletins, reports, creative for social media, stickers, letterheads, toolkit, etc.)
• Create different illustrative materials such as animation, presentations
• Custom photo editing
• Any other duties as assignment
The candidates should provide the following:
• Letter of application
• An Original African Voice For GlobalFund Logo
• A corresponding visual creative/artwork that speaks to the goal of the campaign
• The logo and visual creative should be in JPG and PNG formats both in HD
• A portfolio of previous works
• A financial offer ( specify number of hours per day and your expectations per deliverable or month)
Email submissions with a subject “Associate Graphic Designer” should be emailed to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, not later November 16th 2020 at 12.00pm GMT i.e. 3.00 pm EAT.
• ACB will not provide software or laptop/computer
• The Associate Graphic Designer will NOT claim proprietarily ownership or copyright of designs produced towards the competition or during the performance of work
ServiceBest campaign logo and corresponding visual creative