he Eastern and Southern Africa, and West and Central Africa constituencies recently completed the first round of learning network meetings for the respective regions in Johannesburg, Kampala, Abidjan, and Dakar. In these network meetings, countries do an in-depth analysis on the progress and trends in eliminating the three epidemics, share success stories and identify barriers and solutions to achieving desired outcomes. The learning networks provide an opportunity for identifying best practices and learning from each other and developing solutions to maximize the impact of available resources to end the three epidemics. Some of the issues identified and discussed directly feed into the agenda for the 6th Strategy Committee. The issues include:
(1) Strategies targeting adolescent girls and young women – AGYW,
(3) Striking a delicate balance between financial and programmatic assurance through a well-structured Risk Appetite,
(4) Nurturing local ownership and leadership,
(5) CCM evolution to align with the Global Fund Strategy Implementation,
(6) Catalytic Investments & Allocation methodology for 2020-2022 grant allocation cycle,
(7)Renewed focus on HIV prevention.
Download to read more